June is here, summer is in swing, and I’m ready to talk tanks, swim suits, and self tanners..ha! My favorite post to write each month is my Girl Guide post, and I had so much fun compiling some of my favorite summer items for the House by Hoff June Girl Guide! Enjoy, friends!
- I’ve declared my love for graphic tees before, so it should make sense that I love graphic tanks too! I grabbed this It’s All Good tank at Target the last time I was there, and it’s pretty much become part of the summer uniform rotation. It runs small, so size up!
- I find shopping for bathing suits to be about as tortuous and depressing as most women do, so you can imagine my complete surprise when I ordered this super-cute Cupshe bathing suit and ended up LOVING it! I had seen this brand advertised all over the place, and I’m happy to say it lives up to the hype! It covers all the areas I want covered (like my bum), and I really love the pink and green leaf-print. It is less than $30, which is such a steal!!! I wear a size medium, so I would say it runs true to size.
- Calling all pale girls!!! Spring and early summer can be rough for us, am I right? Our winter skin is still very pale (even kinda transparent…ha!), and we aren’t looking our best in our dresses, tanks, and bathing suits. I have two new products that I am using to help my pale skin look a little more summer ready. The first is this bronzing sunscreen by Pacifica. It gives my skin a gorgeous glow while also protecting it from the sun. It smells amazing and is free of chemicals!
- The next product that I’ve been using is this Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer. IT IS AMAZING!!! Let me break it down for you: after you shower, but before you dry off, you slick this wet skin moisturizer all over your arms, legs, and chest. (I do not use it on my face.) After you’re done, you dry off like normal. After a few days of use, your skin starts to look so bronze and tan! It’s not instant gratification, (it’s a gradual build) but I swear my arms and legs look like I have a nice even tan. I should also tell you that I am pretty bad at applying self tanner, and this is the most user-friendly kind I’ve ever used. I don’t look splotchy, and the tan looks even. Also, the smell is much less “stinky” than other self tanners I’ve used. I feel like I’m never going to stop using this stuff!!!!
- I love to wear tassel earrings, and they are especially fun to wear in the summer! These Sugar Fix by Bauble Bar tassel earrings from Target have been a wardrobe staple! I wear them with dresses, graphic tees, and everything in between! The colors are so happy and they go with everything!
- I was searching the internet for rugs the other day, and this Please Hide Packages front door mat cracked me up! It’s what I wish I could whisper in the ear of every UPS and FedEx driver that pulls into my driveway…ha! 😉
- Another day, another graphic tee! I grabbed this Chillax graphic tee from my favorite store, Evereve, and it fits right into my collection…ha! My other favorite graphic tees include: this Good Vibes tee, and this I Got This tee. They are all by Suburban Riot, and they are all exceptionally high-quality and comfortable. They’re roomy and relaxed in their fit, which I love! I wear size medium.
- Time for some items for the little lady! My favorite place to grab summer staples for Miss L. is J. Crew Factory. Do not be fooled by the brand name, you can get very good deals! This rugby striped dress is less than $20, is stylish and comfortable, and will probably get worn by the week this summer! Other little girl summer staples include these jean shorts and this tee.
- Miss L. is obsessed with collecting her allowance, earning money, and then going shopping…just like her Momma…ha! This darling fanny pack (or shoulder bag, it can be worn either way) is so just so cute! She likes to stick her money and chapstick in this thing and go!
- Between her cousins’ pool, my parents’ lake house, and vacations, this girl needs suits in the summer! My favorite swim suit that I’ve gotten her so far this summer is this Girls Seersucker One-Shoulder suit from J. Crew Factory. She also has this one, and it is great too!
- Last, but certainly not least is this Girls Terry Hoodie Dress. I like to have swim suit cover ups for her to throw on over her suits so that we can be swim-ready but also appropriate to run errands or do other activities. This particular dress doubles as an outfit, and she can throw it over her suit to be ready to swim at all times!
That wraps up our June Girl Guide! Check out all of my summer favorite below (basically everything I covered in this girl guide, and more!)
Have a great day!